FCC - Flatirons Community Church With Interpreted Services for Deaf & Hard of Hearing
Flatirons Community Church of Lafayette Provides Interpreters!
Never need to call first to check and see if terp will be available or never worry about no
terp - this awesome non-denominational church has American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters EVERY weekend, on Saturdays at 5pm AND
on Sundays at 9am!
Saturday 5pm is good for sleepyheads who
prefer to sleep in late on Sunday morning! :-)
LOUD joyous (and fun!) music,
friendly people, friendly Deaf, Deaf meet up events, etc!
Why We Gush on FCC and FCC's Deaf Community:
- LOTS of
- LOTS of Deaf!
- Deaf are welcome to sign the music on platform for all to see!
- Deaf get togethers, events, potlucks, BBQ's, you name it!
- ASL signing community ministry leader on staff - easy to approach, ask questions, & give feedback
- Sign language at the Info Desk Section!
- There are sign language classes provided here for more hearing to learn communicate with us Deaf!
Where to Find the Deaf section?
This is a huge church! At least 5,000 folks per weekend day. So it's good to know beforehand exactly where most Deaf are sitting!
As noted above -- Sign
language interpretation is available in the early evening 5:00pm Saturday -OR- 9:00am Sunday services at the front left
section of the Church Auditorium.
Other Delights About FCC Church in General
- Two very cool pastors who teach ONLY from the Bible. No made up stuff. No "Our church believes..." stuff. The only thing that comes out the Pastors' mouths is "the Bible says..." stuff. :-)
- No judgemental here. You will notice a lot of people there wear a special T-shirt* that says on front, "Me Too". This means that "..Everyone is special in Gods eyes. No one is perfect. You make mistakes? ME TOO! We are all loved by God and we all have our own problems, but we are no different and no better than anyone else". Me too! :-)
*[We have these 'Me Too' T-Shirts for Deaf, too! In ASL fingerspelling letters, of course.]
- A tremendous, awesome performing stage! This stage has 3 huge movie-type wall SCREENS to be sure you can see everything from as far away as their balconies! (Deaf typically sit in the very front, but the screens are also awesome to watch story/movie clips, read along with Bible verses, music lyrics, church events, etc.
- Awesome music! FCC church has LOUD (I'm talking so loud that some folks elect to use ear plugs), LIVE music, guitars (acoustic and electric), bongos, violins, pianos, keyboards, drums, a fleet of talented singers, etc! Not only is the music live, but there is a terrific mix of music from Christian Rock, to Gospel, to Christian Rap! Every week is a delightful surprise of music variety!
- Kids ministry - FCC/Flatirons Community Church has such an amazing Children's Church program that they get over 100 new kids per month! Enough said? The staff goes through intense training, background checks, and workshops to learn the best of educating your dear ones about Jesus. What a thrill to walk by the children's rooms and see them happily singing a song about how much God loves them! And yes, there are interpreters there for the Children's Ministry as well!
- Folks who will pray with and specially for you - when church has finished for the day - there is a group of folks just waiting at the front of the church to pray with you, pray for you, and help you talk to God. This leaves such an awesome feeling in your stomach and mind.
- Tattoo wall - YES can you believe I said 'tattoo wall'? There is a section of this building that has photos of church members tattoos! See, very open-minded church! This wall is so cool to look at and explore looking at all the different ways folks have inked up! There are also a lot of cool Bible verses made from the tats. You gotta see this wall!
- Classes to help you with problems in life. Off the top of my head, FCC has special groups to help with: grief, divorce, single life, addiction, etc. Also workshops!
- Captioned videos! Just look for the CC words / symbol
- There is so much more to list, but I think you're getting the gist of it, yes?
Here is what our friend(s) love the minute they first arrive:
Running late to get to church and haven't had breakfast yet?
included are free bagels, cream cheese, tea, hot coffee, hot chocolate, cookies,
etc! Yum! ;-)
You know the feeling of when you tell someone, "You have to go and see for yourself to experience what I'm talking about.."?
Go and check it out! FCC is an amazing experience - for both Deaf and hearing.
Flatirons Community Church | and Deaf Worship Services is located
355 W South Boulder Road
Lafayette, CO 80026
are also available for most outside church events, workshops, camping/retreats, etc.
You will want to contact
email@example.com for more info on this!
Oh and hey...
that Free Colorado Deaf Social Network website 'sent' you to Flatirons and get
a free "Me Too" T-shirt! (Offer stands until June 2014!)
EVENTS AT FCC LISTED BELOW:
FCC - Flatirons Community Church Deaf Community - Tell Us What's Going On Today!
There's always something going on here at FCC Deaf Community! Tell here!